Thursday 12 January 2012

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

With a 3D sequel in the works, lets take a look at the coulrophobic (that's scary clown stuff) 1988 film from the Chiodo Brothers.

Plot: When small town America (it's always them) is terrorized by intergalactic, malevolent clowns, it's up to local student, Mike Tobacco to rally his buddies and the local cop to save the day. Using an assortment of circus themed weaponry, the Jesters plan to cocoon the townsfolk and a dog named "Pooh" in candyfloss and return home with their sugary, protein rich cargo. Can Mike save the day and his bird- Debbie? You'll see.

Line of the film: (to be read in a 'hick'-American accent-just for fun) "What choo gonna do wiv dem pies, boiiiiiis?!"

Budget: $2,000,000

Gross: $dunno?

Fun Fact: The Chiodo Bros did the creature effects on Critters (also reviewed) and Stephen Chiodo oversaw the dollies on Team America.


review by Callum Stockdale

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved this film, I watch it all the time. In fact I just watched it at DISHOnline.com a few nights ago. One of my DISH coworkers asked me “What the hell are you watching?” So I filled him in on it and I am pretty sure he went home and watched it that night. I don’t know if I should be happy they making a sequel or if I should be very, very sad. They are messing with some of my favorite movies like Evil Dead, I may have to boycott the movie industry for the rest of my life to keep my favorites intact.

    ReplyDelete