Wednesday 24 October 2012

Cool as Ice

Anyone remember this one?
Damn, was this tragic or what?!

All hail the man who was Cool as...Vanilla Ice!

Plot: I guess there should be one. Let´s see if we can un-earth it.

A motorcycle riding, rap group travel from town to town, educating the youth of the day (1991) as to the merits of white-boy rapping, "Dropping zeroes and getting with the heroes" and generally being so cool, they're damn near cold!

Honestly, there's not much more to it.

I saw this "masterpiece" as an impressionable pre-teen and I fear it warped my mind enough that I actually viewed it more than once.

The sad thing is, the director later disowned this, his own film.

Budget: $6,000,000

Gross: $1,193,062

Fun Fact: The father of Mr Ice's love interest is non other than Michael Gross (Burt Gummer from Tremors)! Also, there´s a blink and you miss it appearance by Naomi Campbell. The D.O.P went on to be D.O.P on Schindler's List. Get That!


No comments:

Post a Comment