Monday 27 September 2010

The Exorcist

I damn near wet myself when I first saw this film...I still often feel the need to relieve myself when viewing it even now...at 31 yrs.

Max Von Sydow (Ming the Merciless) is one of them religious sorts...Priests I think they're called. So, Max hears about this girl, she's about ten ish, seems to have a tendency to swivel her head (all the way around-odd really), is clearly not a fan of pea green soup (given her capacity for regurgitation) and is able to contort her body to the point she can descend stairs backwards and inverted...bravo!

I kid you not, this is a wonderfully...scary film!

Standing, even now as the most profitable horror film of all time, a budget of $12-15,000,000 can easily be justified when the studio reaps returns of over half a billion dollars. There are numerous sequels, as you might imagine...I urge you to give 'em a miss, really not worth it. Stick to the cult classic.

Fun Fact: Mike Oldfield did the music. The cinemas also provided 'barf bags' for viewers...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment